Active Ingredients: Sildenafil 100mg and Fluoxetine 60mg.
The effect of this medication lasts up to 4 hours.
Malegra FXT Plus should not be consumed on an everyday basis as it can get habitual within the person. Thus, this kind of consumption could lead to addiction of this medication in the person and bring out adverse side effects over the person.
In case of an overdose, immediately contact nearby poison control center or emergency room.
Do not take Malegra FXT Plus if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Malegra FXT Plus
- you are under mental stress or performing any physical activity
- you have been advised by your doctor to avoid sexual activity because of heart problems
- you are taking nitrates (eg, isosorbide, nitroglycerin) in any form (eg, tablet, capsule, patch, ointment), or nitroprusside
- you use certain recreational drugs called "poppers" (eg, amyl nitrate or nitrite, butyl nitrate or nitrite)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Malegra FXT Plus side effects
Some medical conditions may interact with Malegra FXT Plus. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a deformed penis (eg, Peyronie disease), blood cell problems (eg, leukemia, sickle cell anemia)
- if you have a history of high or low blood pressure, ulcers, bleeding problems, heart problems (heart failure, irregular heartbeat), or blood vessel problems
- if you have a history of heart attack, stroke, or life-threatening irregular heartbeat, especially within the past 6 months.
Malegra FXT Plus interactions
Some medicines may interact with Malegra FXT Plus. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Alpha-blockers (eg, doxazosin), medicines for high blood pressure, nitrates (eg, isosorbide, nitroglycerin), or nitroprusside because severe low blood pressure with dizziness, lightheadedness, and fainting may occur
- Azole antifungals (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole), H2
- Bosentan or rifampin because they may decrease Malegra FXT Plus's effectiveness.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Malegra FXT Plus interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Malegra FXT Plus may cause dizziness, drowsiness, fainting, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Malegra FXT Plus with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Malegra FXT Plus may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting; alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects. To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
- Patients with heart problems who take Malegra FXT Plus may be at increased risk for heart-related side effects, including heart attack or stroke. Symptoms of a heart attack may include chest, shoulder, neck, or jaw pain; numbness of an arm or leg; severe dizziness, headache, nausea, stomach pain, or vomiting; fainting; or vision changes. Symptoms of a stroke may include confusion, vision or speech changes, one-sided weakness, or fainting. Contact your doctor or seek medical attention right away if you experience these symptoms.
- Malegra FXT Plus does not stop the spread of HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) to others through sexual contact. Use barrier methods of birth control (eg, condoms) if you have HIV infection or an STD.
- Malegra FXT Plus will not prevent pregnancy. If your partner may become pregnant and you wish to avoid pregnancy, be sure to use an effective form of birth control.
- Malegra FXT Plus may uncommonly cause mild, temporary vision changes (eg, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, blue/green color tint to vision). Contact your doctor if vision changes persist or are severe.
- Do not use other medicines or treatments for ED while you are taking Malegra FXT Plus without first checking with your doctor.
- Use Malegra FXT Plus with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Malegra FXT Plus is not recommended for use in patients younger 18 years.