The Brand Levitra is a drug that is very useful in the treatment and the sure of erectile dysfunction. Since this is a disease that is commonly associated with stress, it is commonly seen in the young as well as older people. This drug is very effective in all age groups and helps the affected person to have a better erection that sustains for a longer time. One of the common problems in erectile dysfunction is a lack of erection or an imperfect erection. These problems are overcome with the use of this drug. Levitra brand 20mg improves the amount of blood that enters the penis thus enabling the person to achieve a good erection for sexual intercourse. Once sexual arousal is removed, the erection reduces naturally. Erection can be regained after sometime. The drug works for about 8-12 hours.
Levitra brand is a PDE5 inhibitor type of drug. PDE5 is a type of enzyme that is useful in the reduction of another enzyme called cGMP. Levitra prevents the actions of PDE5 thus improving and lengthening the actions of Nitrogen oxide that plays a vital role in the person achieving erection. Nitrogen oxide helps in the onset of erection by bringing in more blood to the penis through dilatation of the blood vessels in the penis.
Advantages of Brand Levitra
According to BAYER Brand Levitra has following benefits:
- Brand Levitra can act in 16 minutes compared with 30 to 60 minutes for Viagra;
- Brand Levitra can be taken with food, while Viagra should be taken on an empty stomach;
- Brand Levitra has no adverse side effects on the heart or vision. Viagra is known to require more monitoring for these side effects;
- Brand Levitra lasted longer in clinical trials compared to Viagra;
- Works for up to 6 hours;
- Recommended time to take before sex is 25 to 45 minutes;
- With Brand Levitra, there are no food or alcohol restrictions. Romantic dinners are no longer out of the question;
- Brand Levitra has less side effects compared to Viagra and lasts about the same time as Viagra in the body.
The starting recommended dose of Brand Levitra is 10mg. This has to be taken 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to sexual activity. The drug stays operational for about 4-5 hours. But, the drug should not be taken more than once a day. The dose can be adjusted to 20mg or 5mg daily based on the effects generated. Only 5mg of Levitra is advised in people above 65. In people with severe dysfunction, a dose of 20mg can be tried with caution. Food has no bearing on absorption of the drug. The drug does its job only in the presence of proper sexual arousal.
Levitra brand 20mg is not advisable in persons who have known allergies to any of the constituents in the drug. Levitra is best avoided if the person is also on nitrates or any donors of nitrogen oxide.
- Levitra is not for use by women and adolescents below the age of 18.
Caution should be taken if Levitra brand 20mg has to be used in the following conditions:
- Penile deformations
- Priapism or conditions that have a tendency towards priapism (leukemeia, sickle cell anemia or multiple myeloma)
- Persons with changes to QT interval
- Liver conditions of severe nature. If the person has minor liver problems, there is no change indicated to the dose. In a person with moderate liver condition, the initial dose is 5mg which can then be adjusted after assessment to 10mg.
- Kidney problems of severe nature. In mild to moderate conditions, no change to the dosage of Levitra is needed.
- Hypotension with systolic readings below 99mm of HG
- Stenosis of Aorta
- Retinal problems like pigment retinitis
- Previous recent incidents of stroke, heart attack and angina
- History of ulcers
Possible side effect
Usually, the medication does not have many side effects. The most common of them include headache, nasal congestion, dyspepsia, dizziness and hot flashes. The more uncommon side effects include increased or decreased blood pressure, vision problems, facial edema, chest pain, priapism, myalgia, liver dysfunction, cardiac ischemia, anaphylactic reactions, nasal bleeding, and back pain. If these effects occur, it is best to cease therapy and seek medical help.
Some medical conditions may interact with Brand Levitra . Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you have a history of liver or kidney problems, high or low blood pressure, ulcers, bleeding problems, heart problems (eg, heart failure, irregular heartbeat, aortic stenosis, angina), or blood vessel problems
- if you have a history of heart attack, stroke, or life-threatening irregular heartbeat.
- if you have been taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have blood cell problems (eg, sickle cell anemia)
Ask your health care provider if Brand Levitra may interact with the medicines you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Do NOT use Levitra brand if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Levitra
- you have been advised by your doctor to avoid sexual activity because of heart problems
- you have certain heart problems (eg, unstable angina, severe heart failure), low blood pressure, or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- you have certain hereditary degenerative eye problems (eg, retinitis pigmentosa)
- you have severe liver problems or severe kidney problems that require dialysis
- you have had a heart attack, stroke, or life-threatening irregular heartbeat within the past 6 months
- you are taking nitrates (eg, isosorbide, nitroglycerin) in any form (eg, tablet, capsule, patch, ointment), nitroprusside, or certain antiarrhythmics (eg, quinidine, amiodarone)
- you use certain recreational drugs called "poppers" (eg, amyl nitrate, butyl nitrate)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Important safety information:
- Patients with heart problems who take Levitra may be at increased risk for heart-related side effects, including heart attack or stroke. Symptoms of a heart attack may include chest, shoulder, neck, or jaw pain; numbness of an arm or leg; severe dizziness, headache, nausea, stomach pain, or vomiting; fainting; or vision changes. Symptoms of a stroke may include confusion; vision or speech changes; one-sided weakness; or fainting. Contact your doctor or seek medical attention right away if you experience these symptoms.
- Levitra may rarely cause a prolonged (more than 4 hours) or painful erection. This could happen even when you are not having sex. If this is not treated right away, it could lead to permanent sexual problems such as impotence. Contact your doctor right away if this happens.
- Levitra does not stop the spread of HIV or other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) to others through sexual contact. Use barrier methods of birth control (eg, condoms) if you have HIV infection or an STD.
- Levitra will not prevent pregnancy. If your partner may become pregnant and you wish to avoid pregnancy, be sure to use an effective form of birth control.
- Levitra may uncommonly cause mild, temporary vision changes (eg, blurred vision, sensitivity to light, blue/green color tint to vision). Contact your doctor if vision changes persist or are severe.
- Rarely, an eye problem called nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION) has been reported in patients who took Levitra. This may lead to decreased vision or permanent loss of vision in some cases. If you notice a sudden decrease in vision or loss of vision in one or both eyes, contact your doctor right away.
- Sudden decreases in hearing and loss of hearing have been reported in some patients who have taken Levitra. Sometimes they also noticed ringing in the ears or dizziness. If you notice a sudden decrease or loss of hearing, contact your doctor right away.
- Do not use other medicines or treatments for ED while you are taking Levitra without first checking with your doctor.
- Use Levitra with caution in the elderly; they may be more sensitive to its effects.
- Levitra is not recommended for use in children younger 18 years.
Store Levitra Brand at room temperature (15 to 30 degree Celsius). Do not keep the drug where heat, light and moisture is found. The drug should be protected from them. The pills need to be safely kept in an air tight box. The drug is reactive, so it’s important to store the drug in the box. Store the drug in dark, cool and clean area of home. It should not be reachable to children. Refrigeration is not allowed. Brand Levitra 20mg will die if refrigerated.